Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crafting & Gifting for the Holidays

Hello all, it has been so long!!
Anyways, I have decided that since the economy is down like J-Sean and I am broke as a joke, I will craft all of my gifts for the holidays!! (With the exception of a lovely Pyrex bowl set I got on black Friday for my best friend, but you know, BFFs are always exceptions!!)

So my standard gift package includes:
White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge
Thumbprint Cookies (With Boysenberry or Orange Preserves in the thumb)
Something cute I have stitched up recently!!!
And umm.... Love?? Oh yes! A personalized Holiday note.

I really like Target dollar isle for anything wrapping-wise, as well as little stocking stuffers. the drawback is that my daughter is always with me, so I can't sneak things by her. I trust her short term memory more than anything, at this point.

I've actually gotten lazier and lazier. I was going to hand make recipe books, and then I thought I would buy them and hand write them, and now I'm just typing my recipes and mass-printing them, and pasting them in the books instead. So much easier! I hope my friends forgive me. Recipe books (for those of you who like to try and review new recipes) are nice hand made gifts, since your recipient will know you tested it first, and you can add your own pointers and advice, or variations. And leave room for their own! Then, its usefulness is two-fold!

Happy holidays to everyone out there, and good luck for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment